Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Going clubbin'

Oh, friends…I've missed you! Life is crazy; and that's all I'll say about my recent absence from the blogosphere. But I'm back, for today at least. And I'm posing a question to all of you: To join a health club, or not to join?

Of course, the weather has been so beautiful, even if I was finding the time to work out these days, I'd probably be doing it outside, but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of getting a gym membership.

The pros: My employer is offering a monthly membership discount through my health insurance. Plus, I'm far more motivated by classes where I don't have to work out alone. (It’s so easy to slack off when there's no risk of anyone seeing me!)

The cons: I have to go 12 times a month to get the discount (but one might call that a "pro" if you consider the financial punishment if I don't go). I already have free access to a small workout facility in my housing development. And other people might actually see how uncoordinated and not in shape I am!

I don't want to turn into a well-intentioned but ultimately failed gym rat. I enjoy working out and it makes me feel so much better—physically and emotionally. I'm not out to lose weight, just to stay healthy, motivated and happy.

So what's your health club experience? Should I go for it? Does a visit to the health club spa count toward my 12 visits per month?

1 comment:

  1. No, it doesn't count and YES you should join! :-)

    ReplyDelete